Thursday, February 12, 2009

So far '09 BLOWS!

Maybe I'm overly dramatic because I haven't had a ciggy in over a month,but I doubt anyone who has gone through what we have in the last month + a few days would be anything less than peeved.

I should have known when I was picking up the entire contents of my Christmas Tree(skirt, ornaments, EVERYTHING) from my dooryard in subzero windchill as the New Year arrived that it was going to suck. I had a premonition. I had a warning. And I brushed it away, when I should have taken it to heart and locked us all away and taken off for Katmandu.

As of this week, Emily is still on her heart monitor. The adhesive patches have torn her skin and the New Skin we were told to get to protect her skin, hurt her SO EFFING BADLY that she screamed for nearly an hour in the tub. What kind of "band aid" has 6.7% alcohol? My poor nephew was hospitalized for RSV right before the whole deal with Em happened and now my poor bro, Joe has Influenza A. The nasty one. We've been with them all at 2 birthday dinners this week, so tomorrow AM we have to head in to pick up Tamiflu for the whole crew. Thank God for insurance. Or we'd be looking at over $500. Which, thanks to a nice tax refund wouldn't ruin us right now, but that's gone MIA. So, AGAIN, thank God for insurance.

Jake(AKA Big Daddy) and I have always said that if it weren't for bad luck, we'd have none at all, but this is starting to just get a little ridiculous.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

You know I'm right there with you, minus the medical issues. I swear every new year sucks worse than the one before! I never look forward to the New Year, because that would be like looking forward to a root canal. I do hope things get better for you. Love you Momma!!

kim-d said...

Okay, now I've got Katmandu in my head. Good thing I love me some Bob Seeger! :)

Can I come with you guys to your locked away place? I will help with the sprouts, and I can occasionally provide some comic relief. Then when it's time to leave for the lake house, we can swing by and pick up Your Andrea on our way!!! YAY, I've got it all figured out. In our dreams, huh?

One thing I can tell you with certainty is this. I know just how fucking awful the quitting smoking is; really, I do. I LOVED smoking. From the very first time, I loved it; inhaled naturally, felt like I had just found any/everything in my life that was missing (I was 9--HA!), and I would probably STILL love it. Hell. I KNOW I'd STILL love it. But quitting is the best thing you could ever do for yourself, your family, and anybody who loves you. I am so seriously proud of you. No matter what else is going on, you have this accomplishment!

Now. When do we leave? BWAHAHAHA!

Mary Ellen said...

I think quitting smoking is a wonderful part of 09! Congrats to you for sticking it out. You are going through a run of bad luck right now, but it's GOT to stop soon - it just has to.

Sending positive thoughts your way.

Unknown said...

Must be the water here in our lovely ole villa.

We stopped having bad luck a long time ago and shifted into the shitty variety, right up to our necks.

(Yes, that's that smell you smell so well up the hill)

Hang in there, good luck with the non-smoking, and know that you're in good company.

:-)

Mystical Mommy said...

I just want to give you a great big "I LOVE YOU" shout out!!!!!!

kim-d said...

Okay, I finally got Katmandu out of my head...but you're still there! I'm thinkin' aboutcha, Girl. Send up a signal of some sort. Loves to the sprouts, and you too!